On the Road - Kerouac Quotes

"We turned at a dozen paces, for love is a duel, and looked at each other for the last time."

"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."

"Our battered suitcases were were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

"We were all thinking we'd never see one another again, and we didn't care."

"I suddenly realized that all these women were spending months of loneliness and womanliness together, chatting about the madness of men."

"It was remarkable how Dean could go mad and then suddenly continue with his soul- which I think is wrapped up in a fast car, a coast to reach, and a woman at the end of the road- calmly and sanely as though nothing had happened."

"I didn't know who he was anymore, and he knew this, and sympathized, and pulled the blanket over my shoulders."