Emily Dickinson Quotes and Poems

Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.

That it will never come again is what makes life sweet.

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.

The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.

A wounded deer leaps highest, I've heard the hunter tell

Beauty is not caused. It is.

Inebriate of air am I,
And debauchee of dew,
Reeling, through endless summer days,
From inns of molten blue.

For each ecstatic instant
We must an anguish pay
In keen and quivering ratio
To the ecstasy.

A letter always seemed to me like immortality because it is the mind alone without corporeal friend.

There's a certain slant of light,
Winter Afternoons--
That oppresses,
like the Heft Of Cathedral Tunes--

After great pain,
a formal feeling comes.
The Nerves sit ceremonious,
like tombs.

Dwell in possibility.

Fortune befriends the bold.

This is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me

Heart, we will forget him,
You and I, tonight!
You must forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.