ee cummings quotations

"Listen; there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go."

“A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.”

“I imagine that yes is the only living thing.”

"For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)it's always ourselves we find in the sea."

“Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense.”

"Be of love (a little) more careful than of anything.”

“Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.”

"(i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens;
only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands"

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."

"Nothing recedes like progress."