Almost Famous Quotes

"I'm never as good as when you are there."

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool."

"Never take it seriously, you never get hurt. Never get hurt, you can always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit all your friends."

"I didn't ask for this role, but I'll play it. Now go do your best. Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid. Goethe said that. It's not too late for you to become a person of substance, Russell."

"You'll meet them all again on their long journey to the middle."


"Please don't give him any more acid."

"Look at this: an entire generation of Cinderella's and no glass slipper."

"Don't let those swill merchants rewrite you."

"I didn't invent the rainy day, man. I just own the best umbrella."

"They make you feel cool, and hey, I met you. You are not cool."

"And then it just becomes an industry of... cool."

"I've made a decision; I'm gonna live in Morocco for one year. I need a new crowd. Do you wanna come?"

"Act One: in which she pretends she doesn't care about him…
Act Two: in which he pretends he doesn't care... and goes right for her.
Act Three: in which it all plays out the way she planned it. She'll eat him alive."

"Does anybody remember laughter?"

"When we go to Morocco, I think we should have completely different names and be completely different people."

"Let's say all of the things we never said."

"You know, I always told her not to let too many guys fall in love with her. I guess I was wrong. One of them ended up saving her life."

"I've studied the entire history of music. And for the most part, the good stuff is the popular stuff. Show me a guy who says he doesn't want to be popular, and I'll show you a scared guy. It's easy to say popularity sucks, because that allows you to forgive yourself if you suck. And I don't forgive myself. Do you?"

"This is not some apron-wearing mother you're talking to. I know about your Valhalla of Decadence, and I shouldn't have let him go. He is not ready for your world of compromised values, and diminished brain cells that you throw away like confetti. Am I speaking clearly to you?"

"Great art is about guilt and longing and, you know, love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love."