Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Quotes

Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: Okay.

Clementine: Maybe you can find yourself a nice antique rocking chair to die in.

Joel: If only I could meet someone new. I guess my chances of that happening are somewhat diminished, seeing that I'm incapable of making eye contact with a woman I don't know.

Clementine: I apply my personality in a paste.

Clementine: What are you, nuts?
Joel: It's been suggested.

Clementine: I'm a vindictive little bitch, truth be told!

Clementine: I wish you'd stayed.
Joel: I wish I'd stayed, too. Now, I wish I'd stayed. I wish I'd done a lot of things. I wish I'd... I wish I'd stayed... I do.

Clementine: Let me show you something, come on.
Joel: I think I heard a crack.
Clementine: It's not gonna crack, or break, or... It's so thick! Show me which constellations you know.
Joel: Um, oh, I don't... know any.
Clementine: Show me which ones you know!
Joel: Okay, okay - oh! There's Osidius.
Clementine: Where?
Joel: Right there, see? Sort of a swoop and a cross, Osidius the Emphatic.
Clementine: You're full of shit, right?
Joel: Nope. Osidius, right there, swoop and cross.
Clementine: Shut the fuck up!

Clementine: Sometimes I don't think people realize how lonely it is to be a kid.

Clementine: Drink up, young man. It'll make the whole seduction part less repugnant.

Clementine: Joely What if you stay this time?
Joel: I walked out the door. There's no memory left.
Clementine: Come back and make up a goodbye at least, let's pretend we had one... Goodbye, Joel.
Joel: ...I love you...
Clementine: ...Meet me in Montauk.
Clementine: Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's looking for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours.
Joel: I remember that speech really well.
Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I?
Joel: You had the whole human race pegged.
Clementine:Hmm. Probably.
Joel: I still thought you were gonna save my life... even after that.
Clementine: Oh, I know.
Joel: It would be different, if we could just give it another go-round.
Clementine: Remember me. Try your best; maybe we can.

Joel: Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?

Joel: Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks.

Clementine: Well, I came back down stairs and you were gone.
Joel: I walked out. I walked out the door.
Clementine: Why?
Joel: I don't know. I felt like a scared little kid. I was like... it was - it was above my head. I don't know.
Clementine: You were scared?
Joel: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire trying to outrun my humiliation, I think.
Clementine: Was it something I said?
Joel: Yeah. You said "So, go." with such disdain, you know?
Clementine: Oh, I'm sorry.
Joel: It's okay.

Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.